date:: [[2022-09-17]], [[2022-11-02]], [[2023-01-23]], [[2023-03-28]]
# Fork My Brain
Welcome! I'm [Nicole van der Hoeven](https://nicolevanderhoeven.com), and you've somehow managed to find your way to my working notes (at least the ones I've published). They're messy, half-formed, and unpolished, so if you don't understand something, it's probably because it was written mainly for me. Consider this an experiment in [[Learning in public]]. You've been warned!
If you do spot something wrong that you'd like to let me know about, [let me know](mailto:[email protected]
). I welcome constructive feedback and corrections, although I don't promise I'll be able to respond promptly. :)
## Where to start
Wherever you want! Search for a topic, click on random notes, explore the graph view, or start with these loose areas of interest. Below are a few of my favorites:
### Tech and Software
- [[Software Testing]]
- [[Performance]] and [[Performance Testing]]
- [[Load Testing]]
- [[Load Testing Tool|Load Testing Tools]]
- [[k6 (tool)]]
- [[Principles of improving work performance]]
- [[Software Development]]
- [[Site Reliability Engineering]]
- [[Ops Tools]]
- [[Chaos Engineering]]
- [[Microservices vs Monoliths]]
- [[Artificial Intelligence]]
### Taking notes and making stuff
- [[Learning in public]]
- [[Personal Knowledge Management]]
- [[Migrating from Roam to Obsidian]]
- [[Obsidian plugins I use]]
- [[Content Creation]]
- [[Producing videos]]
- [[Developer Relations|Developer Advocacy]]
### Tabletop Roleplaying Games (TTRPGs)
- [[Tabletop Roleplaying Games|TTRPGs]]
- [[TTRPGs Games Index]]
- [[Dungeons & Dragons]]
- [[GM Tools and Inspiration]]
- Regular Campaigns (weekly)
- [[Dungeons & Dragons|D&D]] 5e campaign (player): [[ttrpgs/Temporary White Circle/World|Exandria - Temporary White Circle]]
- [[Pathfinder]] 2e campaign (player): [[ttrpgs/The Undead Unkillers/World|Forgotten Realms - The Undead Unkillers]]
- [[Cypher]] Numenera (player): [[ttrpgs/Days of Obligation/World|Days of Obligation]]
## Setting this up
I've used many different [[Personal Knowledge Management]] tools to create these notes, but my current setup primarily uses [[Obsidian]]. My notes are [[Markdown]] files that are stored in a private [[Git]] repository, with a secondary backup on [[Dropbox]] and a tertiary backup on [[Backblaze]].
For this site, I'm using an [[Nginx]] virtual server as a reverse proxy for [[Obsidian Publish]]. [[Using a custom domain with Obsidian Publish| Here are more details on that]].
## How many notes are in here?
My personal knowledge management system contains over 10,000 notes over multiple vaults right now, but there are many that I've chosen not to make public here.
## What's changed?
If you're curious about what notes I've worked on recently, check out the [[Changelog]], which is a summary of the changes in public folders, not including TTRPG notes (because I tend to change a lot of those at a time)!