date: 2022-01-22, 2022-01-18, 2022-01-07, 2021-11-06, 2021-08-19, 2021-08-18, 2021-06-25, 2021-05-19, 2021-05-11, 2021-02-07, 2021-02-06, 2020-12-07, 2022-03-27
# Fork My Brain
Welcome! I'm [Nicole van der Hoeven](https://nicolevanderhoeven.com), and you've somehow managed to find your way to my working notes (at least the ones I've published). They're messy, half-formed, and unpolished, so if you don't understand something, it's probably because it was written mainly for me. Consider this an experiment in [[Learning in public]]. You've been warned!
If you do spot something wrong that you'd like to let me know about, [let me know](mailto:[email protected]
). I welcome constructive feedback and corrections. :)
## Where to start
Wherever you want! Search for a topic, click on random notes, explore the graph view, or start with these loose areas of interest. Below are a few of my favorites:
- [[Performance]] and [[Performance Testing]]
- [[Load Testing]]
- [[k6 (tool)]]
- [[Principles of improving work performance]]
- [[Software Development]]
- [[Site Reliability Engineering]]
- [[Ops Tools]]
- [[Chaos Engineering]]
- [[Microservices vs Monoliths]]
- [[Personal Knowledge Management]]
- [[Migrating from Roam to Obsidian]]
- [[Obsidian plugins I use]]
### [[Tabletop Roleplaying Games|TTRPGs]]
- [[TTRPGs Games Index]]
- [[DM Tools and Inspiration]]
- Regular Campaigns (once a week)
- [[Dungeons & Dragons|D&D]] 5e campaign (DM): [[TTRPGs/The Slayers Five/World|Exandria - The Slayers Five]]
- [[Dungeons & Dragons|D&D]] 5e campaign (player): [[TTRPGs/Temporary White Circle/World|Exandria - Temporary White Circle]]
- [[Pathfinder]] 2e campaign (player): [[TTRPGs/Golarion/World|Golarion]]
- [[Knave]] 1e campaign (player): [[TTRPGs/Knave/World|World of Knave]]
- [[Basic Fantasy]] campaign (player): [[TTRPGs/Return of the Green Death/World|Return of the Green Death]]
### [[Content Creation]]
## Setting this up
I've used many different [[Personal Knowledge Management]] tools to create these notes, but my current setup primarily uses [[Obsidian]]. My notes are [[Markdown]] files that are stored in a private [[Git]] repository, with a secondary backup on [[Dropbox]].
For this site, I'm using an [[Nginx]] virtual server as a reverse proxy for [[Obsidian Publish]]. [[Using a custom domain with Obsidian Publish| Here are more details on that]], because I had trouble figuring out all the pieces.
## How many notes are in here?
My personal knowledge management system contains over 10,000 notes over multiple vaults right now, but there are many that I've chosen not to make public here.